To be blessed is God’s will for every husband. You are made to be blessed and be a blessing. Inside you is the gene of blessedness. Husbands like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Zechariah and Job were blessed. That is why verse of our reading this morning says blessed is the man (husband. So God introduced you into blessedness.
But what must you do to be blessed as a husband? God mentions three things in verse of 1 of Ps. 1. It says blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. Who you walk with, where you stand and who you seat with will determine to what extent God will bless you. You cannot be blessed as a husband when you take counsel that is against God’s plans and purposes for your family. You cannot be friends with people who do not have a good testimony about their family life and thinks you will be blessed. Neither can you seat with people who make mockery of the relationship of marriage that God instituted and expects God’s blessings.
God made you so he has the blue print for your position as a husband. Therefore you have a responsibility to find out the content of the blue print from God by taking delight in His law governing your role as a husband and meditating on the law day and night (Ps. 1:2). When you take delight in doing what God ask you to do as a husband towards your wife and children, you will receive a blessing that will make all the right difference you ever desire.
· Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I acknowledge my helplessness and ask for your grace to live right.
· Father in the name of Jesus, I renew my commitment to you never take counsel that is against your plan concerning my relationship with my wife and children.
· By the blood of Jesus, I reverse every evil and ungodly counsel I had taken against family.
· By the power of the Holy Spirit, I delight myself in your law and meditate on your commandments day and night.
· Because I have returned to You my Father, I receive your power to be prosperous in my job, career, business, ministry, vocation, studies and in every area of my life in the name of Jesus.
I am a blessed husband and will remain so until my example, Jesus returns to earth to take me home in Jesus name. Amen.