FIRST AMONG MANY
Any man can be a father, but not any man can be a husband. A man can make a woman pregnant not be married to the woman so we have men who have children from women they are not married. But being a husband is a royal call. In verse 30 of our main text, it says moreover, whom he did predestinate, them he also called and whom he called, them he also justified and whom he justified, them he also glorified. Can you see that God has predestined you to be a husband sothat He can glorify you and your marriage. That is God’s perfect plan for you. Anything against it is of attack from the pit of hell. Fight it. You position as a husband is a calling not a title. And because it is a calling, you must give yourself to the demand of the assignment.
You are first among all men who are bachelors. Don’t envy bachelorhood or wish to be like one. You can’t be compared with bachelors. Yes you may not have everything that a bachelor may have but God has said that He called you to be a husband sothat He may justify you as a God in your family. Do you know that there are certain positions even in the secular world that cannot be given to a man that is not married? So there is hope for you if you will only be faithful to your responsibilities as a husband. There is a true life story of a governor in the east who got married immediately he assumes leadership of his state. This is for the simple reason that being a husband brings you honour and respect. Don’t jettison your position as a husband. Celebrate it and live happily with your wife and children.
· Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I acknowledge my position as a husband from today.
· Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I repent of every action of mine that has brought shame to husbandhood.
· In the name of Jesus, I pray that you will open my eyes of to behold wondrous things out of position as a husband.
· Father, by Your spirit, baptize me with fresh zeal for service and commitment to my family, wife and children.
· By the blood of Jesus, I take my goodly position as a great husband.
I am first among many in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.