Every husband is opened to temptation. The temptation to commit adultery, steal, defraud our business partners, kill and many more but the choice is ours to make. That is why in verse 14 of our main text, it says make no provision for the flesh. It is what you make provision for that you eventually receive. God wants you to put on the character of Jesus Christ, the Bridegroom (Rev. 18:23), that is the character of honesty, love, compassion, faith and protection. But how do I make provision for sin? You make provision that will lead you to live in drunkenness, strife, adultery, bitterness, unforgiveness and envy by going to places where these things occur. What you won’t eat, don’t smell. You don’t visit the woman who is not your wife at odd times or start emotional chat with her. You don’t visit a bar where alcohol is sold and you will not be tempted to have a sip of alcohol especially when you go with your so called friends. You cannot visit the brothel and not be tempted to want to taste the lap of another woman. You cannot continuously watch pornography films and not want to try the style with another woman or lady that is not your wife.
No temptation is above you. You can overcome every temptation that comes your way. You only fall to the temptation when you are drawn away of your own lust (Jas. 1:13-15). When you stay around smoke, you will definitely smell smoke. Don’t hang around sin and all that it represents.
· Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I receive power not to make provision for my flesh.
· By the blood of Jesus Christ, I overcome every temptation that comes my way.
· By the anointing of the Holy Spirit, I am empowered to refuse sin and all form of ungodliness in the name of Jesus.
· By the fire of the Holy Ghost, I destroy every weakness in my life that makes me to fall easily to temptation.
· Father, in the name of Jesus, my feet shall not walk to the wrong places again.
· Father, in the name of Jesus, I my eyes are sanctified to focus only on things that will glorify God and make a blessing to my family.
· Today marks the end of all my fall to the tempter in the name of Jesus Christ.
Today, I make no provision for the flesh in the name of Jesus. Amen.