To be a husband is something very desirous by God for any man. It is a proof of obedience because He has said that it is not good that man should live alone. God does not believe in loneliness. Even when He wanted to create you, He said let us…. So you were made by the agreement of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. But what does this office of being a husband requires.
The office requires that you must be blameless, the husband of one wife no concubine, girlfriends or mistress, be vigilant to protect your wife, children and marriage, be hospitable, be of good behavior, be a good teacher, not giving to wine or greed or fighting, must good rule of your own house and children, be a patient husband and sober. These are the responsibilities that come when you become a husband. So being a husband is not fanfare it is serious work. Don’t toy with your position if you want to be a glorious life as a husband. Just as your computer will not work until you apply some degree of force to it, so it is with your responsibilities as a husband. If you don’t wake up to the demands, you will be living like a sheep instead of a shepherd.
Let the I Timothy 3 verse 1 to 5 be your creed as a husband and read to yourself daily. You can be the best husband ever only if you are willing and ready to pay the price. No good marriage is born. No good husband is born. Every good husband is the result of commitment, determination and faith in God that good things are possible.
· Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I acknowledge my position as a husband and ask for you help to live the position maximally for my wife and children and family.
· Father, I ask that You will strengthen my heart to obey every of the demands of my office as husband.
· By the blood of Jesus Christ, I destroy every resistance to my glorious destiny as a husband.
· By the power of the Spirit of God, I receive all the blessings of my office as a husband in the name of Jesus.
· Father in the name of Jesus, make your plans for my life plain that I may understand how to live as a godly husband.
· Father, make me like Jesus, the Bridegroom, to my wife, children, family, church, friends and the world.
· Faith confession:
I am a responsible and godly husband and live my responsibilities faithfully in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.