Anyone who does not watch and pray would fall into temptation. This is the admonition of Jesus, our Groom to everyone one including you, a husband. Anytime you don’t watch and pray, you become exposed to the tricks and plan of the enemy. Being prayerful helps you to be watchful of things that you have prayed for or against. God expects you to pray and be vigilant to see the things that you prayed for. If you have prayed for a good and peaceful family as a husband, open wide your eyes to see opportunities that will help you to fulfill your part as a good husband. If you have prayed for a good and submissive wife, watch to see how you do those things God has commanded you to do. Have you prayed for your children to be great? Then watch for opportunities that will project their greatness. Being watchful and prayerful help you to train and empower your spirit man. This spiritual exercise also destroys every weakness. Those temptations that seem to overwhelmed you can be overcome when you’re watchful and prayerful
Husbands, please don’t pray and close your eyes. God gave you eyes to see and head to think. Your ability to watch is what faith. If you prayed not to visit the strange woman, watch to see that you don’t get around what concerns the strange woman. Have you prayed for financial lifting in your family, life and ministry? Open wide your eyes to see godly opportunities that you can take advantage of. God has heard your prayer. He understands how you feel and what you’re going through. But you have a responsibility to watch out for His answers. This requires that you become spiritually sensitive.
So next time you pray, ask God to help you to be sensitive to opportunities.
· Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I acknowledge my weakness as a husband to watch and pray and ask for your inner strength.
· Father in the name of Jesus, I ask for your help to remain watchful and prayerful in all areas of my life, family and ministry.
· Holy Spirit of God, I ask for the baptism of the Spirit of supplication.
· In the name of Jesus and by the blood of Jesus, I command every root of spiritual slothfulness broken from my life.
· By the power in the name of Jesus, I break every limitations to my spiritual growth .
I am a blessed husband and a new creature, old things are past, everything in my life as husband is new in Jesus name. Amen.