Every endeavour in life including your role as a husband has its rule. It is what guides the operations of such activity. However, in your position as a husband, there is a golden rule that you must operate in whether in your family life, with your wife, children, business partners, colleagues and subordinates, which is that you should do unto others as you would have others do unto you. If you want to be respected, give respect to others. If you want to be honoured, then give honour to others.
You have complained that your wife and children does not honour or respect you as a husband. Have you examined yourself to see if you have given honour to them or to others? In Galatians chapter 6:4, the Bible says that you should prove your own work and then you will rejoice. Until you can prove that you have shown respect even to the least person, you must not expect respect from the highest person. If you talk to your wife and children disrespectfully or embarrass them publicly, then what you will get is a harvest of dishonor.
God created you as a honourable husband and you also deserve honour and respect. That is your pride. But you must first sow the seeds of honour and respect before you can reap the fruits of honour and respect. Sarah called her husband Abraham, Lord, because he respected his wife. He didn’t claim to know it all. He didn’t insult his wife in the presence of other family members. Talk to your wife with respect. Treat her like a queen. Protect her and all that concerns her. Show her mercy and forgiveness. Care for her. Sow these seeds and you will see positive change.
Remember that God is not mocked, whatever you sow is what you will reap.
· Father in the name of Jesus Christ, engrace me to respect my wife, children and other people.
· Father in the name of Jesus I receive the power to sow spiritual seeds of love, care, respect and honour, kindness, forgiveness and goodness into the lives of my wife and children and others around me.
· By Your mercy, create a new beginning for us as family for harmonious relationships.
· By the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ, I cancel every negative fruit in my family.
· Holy Spirit of God, empower me to sow godly seeds and let the fruits appear unto all people.
I am a blessed husband. I will do unto others what I want others to do unto in Jesus Precious name. Amen.