Bible Texts: 1Tim.2”3-4, Jn.8:32, Ps.35:27, Jn.16:22, Jn.5:39, 2Tim.2:15, Jn.10:10, Jos.1:66-8, Rom.12:1-3
Did you know that the most valuable asset that the devil, who is your adversary, wants to steal from you? It is not your health, finance, strength, relationship or peace. What satan wants to steal from you is the knowledge of Jesus Christ. This is the reason. Knowledge is power. The more of Christ and His word you have at work in you, the more powerful you will reign gloriously, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically, financially and relationally as the good and godly husbandman. So, you must guard the knowledge of God’s word in you, diligently.
This is the admonition the Scripture has given to you and I. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, who will have all men to be saved and to come unto the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH (1Tim.2:3-4).
But how does the knowledge of the truth of God’s word help me to become the good and godly man, husband and father?
Firstly, the working of the knowledge of the truth in your life empowers you to show kindness, mercy, forgiveness, faithfulness, pursue peace, and compassion to your wife and children despite their weaknesses and limitations. Secondly, the power of the knowledge of the truth in you keeps you far away from you every form of ungodliness. The knowledge of Christ also empowers you to stand for what is right notwithstanding the cost. Thirdly, it is the knowledge of the truth that sets you free from every trap of the devil that wants to make you unfit as the godly man, husband and father. In John Gospel chapter 8, the word of God speaks of the power in the knowledge of the truth in Christ. And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free (Jn.8:32).
Now, how does the devil fight to ensure that I don’t get filled up with the knowledge of the truth of the life of Jesus Christ? The first thing he uses against you is the weapon of pride. He makes you to overestimate yourself and you begin to think that you know it all. Consequently, he takes away the Bible from within your reach so that you are not able to study it anymore. And when he does that, you become disapproved before God and your wife and children. This is why the word tells us to, study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly diving the word of truth (2Tim.2:15).
The second trick he uses against you is to make you not to enjoy fellowship with Jesus Christ through prayers. As the head of the family, you must understand that prayer is the most potent channel through which you enter into the presence of God. When you pray, you are communicating with God. And when you continue to communicate with God, you begin to wear Him as a garment and it affects the way you relate with your wife and children positively.
But for you to secure the knowledge of the truth from being stolen, you have to build a deeper relationship with the Person of the Holy Spirit (Jn.14:26). Secondly, you have to see God as your father who desires fellowship (Ps.1:1-2). Thirdly, you must make prayer your lifestyle and a routine that you must enjoy because it connects you to the power of God for a victorious living (Lk.18:1). All of these are the demands of a good and godly husbandman.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, give me a teachable spirit to learn of Your way, truth and life.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus empower me by Your Spirit to seek after You for the good of my life and sheep.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, break the spirit of haughtiness in my life and help me walk in humility.
I take delight in studying the WORD OF GOD and partner with the Holy Spirit to keep the knowledge of the truth because that is what I need to secure my heritage as a good and godly husband in Jesus Name. Amen.
Force of Change 2022/2023: 70 Days of Fasting with Prayers
- PRAYER FOR HEALTH AND VITALITY (17TH JAN TO 26TH JAN 2023)
2Kgs.20:5, 2Chro.7:14, Ps.60:2, Is.57:19, Jer.17:14, Gen.20:17, Ex.15:26, Ps.147:3, Is.30:26, Mk.9:35, Gen.43:28, Pro.4:22, Jer.33:6, 3Jn:2, Ps.16:24, Lk.6:18
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, make my body and that of my family members, an impossible ground for the enemy to plant sickness and disease
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, cause my organs, tissues, cells and bones to function perfectly and in good order
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, perfect my sight and deliver me from blindness, short or long sightedness
The devotional IN TUNE WITH GOD© is published by The Husbandman Mission International, Headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You can download the devotional on Google playstore by typing HUSBANDMAN DEVOTIONAL
- You can also subscribe for this devotional by visiting www.thehusbandman.com and clicking the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
- Send us a mail of how today’s teaching has blessed you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jesus Christ is Lord over all.
Bro. Ebenezer O. Igure
Be First to Comment