Bible Texts: Ps.34:12-14, 3Jn.1:2, Pro.6:2, Jas.3:5, Pro.18:2, Gal.6:10, Lk.6:27-28, Heb.12:14, 2Cor.5:20, Matt.5:14-16, Ps.1:1-2, 1Thess.5:22
In the next few weeks, we shall be closing out for the year 2023. For all that God has done and is yet to do in our lives and families, we give Him all the glory and praise.
But what is the secret to a life of wellness for the husbandman? This question is very important because the perfect will of God is for the husbandman to prosper and be in health, even as his soul prospers (3Jn.1:2). This means that God wants the husbandman to be well in his spirit, soul and body.
Now, I have found the secrets to a life of wellness for the husbandman and it is in Psalms chapter 34. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ that as we enter the ember months and beyond, you shall live in all round wellness. Amen.
What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it (Ps.34:12-14)
The Scripture provides five actions you and I must take from today and beyond if we want to live a life of wellness. The word of God commands you to keep your tongue from evil. This means that you must not speak evil of somebody or use your tongue to instigate evil actions (Pro.6:2, Jas.3:5, Pro.18:21). Remember that the tongue is the smallest part of the body yet it can set a family, a community and a nation on the path of destruction.
The second is that you must do good to all men, regardless of tribe, religion, colour and nationality (Gal.6:10, Lk.6:27-28). God commands us to be kind to all people even if they do not have the capacity to return the goodness to us.
The third is that you must seek and pursue peace (Heb.12:14). God wants you to seek peace and ensure that peace reigns everywhere you find yourself. As the ambassador of Christ, you are a peace maker and not a crises maker (2Cor.5:20, Matt.5:14-16).
The fourth is that you must depart from evil (Ps.1:1-2). You must make a firm commitment to stay away from evil communications and deeds. Like the Bible commands that you must flee from all appearances of evil (1Thess.5:22). You must never be associated with what is ungodly, no matter the attraction and benefits.
These are the secrets to living a life of wholeness and wellness as the good and godly husbandman.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, give me a teachable spirit to learn of Your way, truth and life.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, break the spirit of haughtiness in my life and help me walk in humility.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus empower me by Your Spirit to seek after You for the good of my life and that of my wife and children
I take delight in obeying all that the word of God has commanded me to do because I want to live a life of wholeness and wellness as the good and godly husbandman, making my life a positive impact to God, my wife, children and in the market place of life in Jesus name. Amen.
Culled From IN TUNE WITH GOD devotional of Thursday August 31, 2023
The devotional IN TUNE WITH GOD© is published by The Husbandman Mission International, Headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You can download the devotional on Google playstore by typing HUSBANDMAN DEVOTIONAL
- You can also subscribe for and invite others to subscribe for this devotional by visiting www.thehusbandman.com and clicking the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
- You can follow the devotional on the Mission’s twitter handle @thehusband_man
- Send us a mail of how today’s teaching has blessed you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Mission is open to and accepts invitation to churches, fellowship and ministries to speak to men, husbands and fathers.
- You are invited to join us every Thursday from 5.30pm to 6pm for intercessory prayer meeting @ Asokoro Model Junior Secondary School, Kwame Nkurumah Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
Jesus Christ is Lord over all.
Bro. Ebenezer O. Igure
Head of Mission
We are expanding,
If you are interested in contributing to the growth of this devotional, willfully contribute using the button below