Bible Texts: Bible Texts: Eph.4:22-29, Jos.1:8, Matt.12:34, Rom.5:5, Jn.14:26, Philp.4:8, Philp.2:5, Rom.12:2, Ps.1:1, Acts 2:1-4, Lk.18:1, Mk.9:23, Gal.4:19, Philp.2:13, Col.3:16
The husbandman wants to please God in their thoughts, words and actions. That is the desire of God and that is the heartbeat of every husbandman. But where does this desire to change start from? And that is what we shall be considering today.
The Scriptures in Ephesians chapter 4, tells where the changes to a journey of becoming the good and godly man, husband and father starts from
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind (Eph.4:23)
The change you want to see in your life, conversation and attitude as God desires for you as the good and godly man, husband and father, begins in your mind. Until your spirit man is renewed by the word of God, you will manifest attitude and conducts that are contrary to your calling as the good and godly husbandman. It is what you feed your mind with that influences how you live on the outside (Matt.12:34).
And be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God (Rom.12:2).
How do I then renew the spirit of my mind in order for me to order my conversation aright, live a life of godliness and holiness, and put my emotions under control?
You must feed your mind with the truth from the word of God. And it must be on a continuous basis just the same way you eat every day (Jos.1:8, Col.3:16, 2Tim.2:15). One of the ways you can do this is by identifying those areas of your life where you need to change. It could be in your conversation, reaction, relationships or responses; it could also be in how you handle your emotions and appetite for food, sex, power, money, position and authority; it could also be in knowing what God commands you to do as the man, husband and father. Once you have written them down, you then search the Bible to know what God has said about it.
The next is to think on what God has said from His word and ask the Person of the Holy Spirit to impress it firmly in your heart (Philp.4:8, Rom.5:5, Ps.1:1). After that, you then pray into your life every truth of Scriptures your have meditated on (Mk.9:29, Gal.4:19, Philp.2:13). This is because praying to God through Jesus Christ is not just to get your needs met, it is also to help you connect to the power that makes all things possible (Mk.9:23, Acts 2:1-4, Jn.14:26).
The peace, joy and progress you want to experience in your life as lead yourself, wife and children begins when your mind is renewed by the truth of God’s word. And as you renew the spirit of your mind by the word of God, it transforms you to be like Jesus Christ in all things.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, open my eyes to see and my ears to hear the areas where I need to make necessary changes.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, show me the way to go by Your word.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, empower me to renew my mind with Your word and make me do all that Your word commands.
I renew the spirit of my mind by the word of God because that is what transforms my life to be fit for purpose as the good and godly man, husband and father in Jesus name. Amen.
The devotional IN TUNE WITH GOD© is published by The Husbandman Mission International, Headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You can download the devotional on Google playstore by typing HUSBANDMAN DEVOTIONAL
- You can also subscribe for and invite others to subscribe for this devotional by visiting www.thehusbandman.com and clicking the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
- You can follow the devotional on the Mission’s twitter handle @thehusband_man
- Send us a mail of how today’s teaching has blessed you to email@example.com.
- The Mission is open to and accepts invitation to churches, fellowship and ministries to speak to men, husbands and fathers.
- You are invited to join us Every Thursday from 5.30pm to 6pm for intercessory prayer meeting @ Asokoro Model Junior Secondary School, Kwame Nkurumah Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
Jesus Christ is Lord over all.
Bro. Ebenezer O. Igure
Head of Mission
We are expanding,
If you are interested in contributing to the growth of this devotional, willfully contribute using the button below