Bible Texts: Matt.10:1, 1Cor.16:9, Eph.1:21, 3Jn.1:2, Lk.10:19, Mk.9:29, Jn.3:3-7, 2Cor.5:17, Rev.12:11, Rom.8:31, Job 22:28, Matt.18:18-20
Did you know that one of the inheritances you enjoy from God is power? Did you also know why God gives you power and why He wants you to exercise it?
This is what the Person of the Holy Spirit wants to teach you and I as husbandmen, today.
And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease (Mk.10:1)
Remember that the husbandman is to follow after the examples of Jesus Christ as he leads himself, wife and children. And as the disciple or follower of Jesus Christ, the husbandman must exercise the authority given to him by God through Jesus Christ.
But why must I exercise authority and for what purpose?
A great and effectual door is opened before you but there are many adversaries (1Cor.16:9)
As the husbandman who is growing to become the good and godly man, husband and father, there are many ungodly forces that want to hinder you. These include unclean spirits like adultery, lying, covetousness, uncontrolled appetite for food, sex and money, unforgiveness and so much more. These spirits are from satan, sin and the world, working to defile you and make unable to conduct yourself in ways that pleases God as the husbandman. If you don’t exercise the power of God against these ungodly forces, you will not attain the fullness of your calling as the good and godly man, husband and father.
This is what God desires for you.
I wish above all things that ye prosper and be in health even as your soul prospereth (3Jn.:2)
As the husbandman, you need to be healthy spiritually, mentally and physically to function in your capacity as the good and godly man, husband and father. Your health is important to God because without a sound mind and body, you will be unable to provide the mental, spiritual and emotional support for yourself and to your wife and children. Again, you will waste your resources.
But for you to exercise the power of God against unclean spirits, sickness and disease, you must have a personal relationship with the One who gives power, Jesus Christ (Jn.3:3-7). This you do by repenting of your sins and asking Jesus Christ to come into your life to be your Lord and Personal saviour.
Secondly, you must be conscious of who you are in Christ.
Ye are seated far above……..(Eph.1:21)
You are seated with the Husbandman, Jesus Christ in heaven, far above principalities, powers and rulers of this world. So, once you notice that your mind is beginning to think of things that want to defile your walk with God, you immediately exercise your authority and command it to get out.
You are the man of authority and power. Take your rightful place in God and His word and lead your life and the lives of your wife and children as the good and godly husbandman.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, build my authority-consciousness as I lead myself, wife and children.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, empower me with the Spirit of power and authority
- Father, in the name of Jesus, empower me to exercise Your power against unclean spirits, sickness and disease.
I am seated with Jesus Christ, far above unclean spirits, sickness and disease and I walk in this consciousness and exercise the power of God over them because that is what gives me victory to be and maintain my walk as the good and godly husbandman in Jesus name. Amen.
Culled from IN TUNE WITH GOD devotional of Friday May 5, 2023
The devotional IN TUNE WITH GOD© is published by The Husbandman Mission International, Headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You can download the devotional on Google playstore by typing HUSBANDMAN DEVOTIONAL
- You can also subscribe for and invite others to subscribe for this devotional by visiting www.thehusbandman.com and clicking the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
- You can follow the devotional on the Mission’s twitter handle @thehusband_man
- Send us a mail of how today’s teaching has blessed you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Mission is open to and accepts invitation to churches, fellowship and ministries to speak to men, husbands and fathers.
- You are invited to join us Every Thursday from 5.30pm to 6pm for intercessory prayer meeting @ Asokoro Model Junior Secondary School, Kwame Nkurumah Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
Jesus Christ is Lord over all.
Bro. Ebenezer O. Igure
Head of Mission
We are expanding,
If you are interested in contributing to the growth of this devotional, willfully contribute using the button below