Bible Texts: Mk.9:23, Jer.33:3, Lk.18:1, Gen.1:26-28, Philp.4:8, Heb.11:6, Gen.2:18-25, Jn.5:39, Gen.4:1, Jn.8:32, 1Thess.5:17
Having being taught by the Spirit of God of the power the husbandman has and the need for him to exercise it, we shall be exploring the incredible power of prayer as a weapon of warfare in establishing our inheritance as the good and godly husbandman.
I welcome you to today’s teaching and our focus will be on prayers and how you and I can use this spiritual weapon to establish the fulfillment of our mandate as husbandmen. Therefore, in the next three days, we shall be examining the three-dimensional prayer focus area for the husbandman.
But what is prayer and why should I engage the weapon of prayer?
Come now and let us reason together, saith the Lord of host (Is.1:18)
Prayer means communicating with God, your Father through Jesus Christ. It is a channel by which God speaks to you and you also speak to Him. God wants a deeper relationship with you. God desires a stronger fellowship with you. God wants to have an uninterrupted conversation with you. And all of these can only be possible through the platform of prayers.
Now there are three aspects of your person that you must speak to God about as you walk the path of becoming the good and godly husbandman.
The first is to speak to God about your person as the man.
Praying for yourself with focus on your manhood is important to God because He wants to continue His fellowship with you after your journey on earth has ended, just as He did with Adam in Genesis chapter 3.
Therefore, there is an extended spiritual exercise for you today and I encourage you to pray them until they become a reality in your life.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, teach me how to function as the man.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, guide me by Your word to do Your will as the man.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, empower me to keep my prayer altar burning as the man.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for making me the man out of the ministry of the husbandman.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, I ask that You create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in me.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, empower me to have rule and control over the desires of my flesh.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, empower me to do Your perfect will and let my life be a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto You.
I am made in the image and likeness of God and I take responsibility to seek fellowship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ and to always do His perfect will as the man because that is what makes me the good and godly husbandman in Jesus name. Amen.
The devotional IN TUNE WITH GOD© is published by The Husbandman Mission International, Headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You can download the devotional on Google playstore by typing HUSBANDMAN DEVOTIONAL
- You can also subscribe for and invite others to subscribe for this devotional by visiting www.thehusbandman.com and clicking the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
- You can follow the devotional on the Mission’s twitter handle @thehusband_man
- Send us a mail of how today’s teaching has blessed you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Mission is open to and accepts invitation to churches, fellowship and ministries to speak to men, husbands and fathers.
- You are invited to join us Every Thursday from 5.30pm to 6pm for intercessory prayer meeting @ Asokoro Model Junior Secondary School, Kwame Nkurumah Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
Jesus Christ is Lord over all.
Bro. Ebenezer O. Igure
Head of Mission
We are expanding,
If you are interested in contributing to the growth of this devotional, willfully contribute using the button below