Bible Texts: Eph.6:4, Gen.18:19, Deut.6:7-8, Pro.19:18, 1Tim.3:4, Mk.9:29, Ps.112:2-3, Num.6:22-23, Is.61:9, Ps.127:3
Praise God! We give God thanks for teaching us by the Holy Spirit, the focus areas of our lives as husbandmen. I pray in the name of Jesus that you and I shall take full advantage of the prayer altar to develop ourselves to function as the good and godly husbandman. Amen.
Today, let us consider the last prayer focus area. And that is the prayer for you as the father.
As the father, your relationship is with your children. You have the first right over them and you are their source of strength, motivation, inspiration, direction, protection, leadership, influence and righteous living (Deut.6:7-8). Your children are the link between your today and your tomorrow. They are your earthly ambassadors, representing who you and what you stand for.
This is why the Word of God commands you and not your wife,, pastor, relations or government, to take personal responsibility for the lives of your children.
And ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Eph.6:4)
You must take ownership to train, nurture and invest in your children spiritual, emotional, mental and physical growth, development and establishment. These responsibilities are what make your children good and godly seeds (Is.61:9). Your children are gifts from God. They are not a burden to you but a blessing. God gave them to you to demonstrate His fatherhood nature. God wants your children to experience the father’s love which God has given unto us through Jesus Christ. God wants you to grow in leadership skills as you lead your children. That is how precious your children are to God and He commands you to place a high value on them (Ps.127:3, Ps.112:2-3).
But you cannot achieve this without the force of prayer for yourself and interceding for your children (Philp.2:13, Mk.9:29). You must pray to God to give you wisdom to lead and you must pray for them that the life of Christ be formed in them (Gal.4:19). Your prayer is what keeps your children on track and saves them from distraction and ungodly influences. God wants you to be intentional about your duties to your children because you are their father.
So, now you can see the importance of praying for yourself as the man, husband and father. That is the pathway to becoming the good and godly husbandman.
Are you ready to pray?
- Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for blessing me with children.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for making my children blessed seeds.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, give me wisdom to lead my children in Your ways.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, give my children hearing ears, seeing eyes and the heart to obey Godly instructions and counsel I give them.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, empower me to function as the good and godly father to my children.
I am made in the image and likeness of God and I take responsibility as the father to nurture my children in the way and admonition of the Lord because that is what makes me the good and godly husbandman in Jesus name. Amen.
The devotional IN TUNE WITH GOD© is published by The Husbandman Mission International, Headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You can download the devotional on Google playstore by typing HUSBANDMAN DEVOTIONAL
- You can also subscribe for and invite others to subscribe for this devotional by visiting www.thehusbandman.com and clicking the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
- You can follow the devotional on the Mission’s twitter handle @thehusband_man
- Send us a mail of how today’s teaching has blessed you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Mission is open to and accepts invitation to churches, fellowship and ministries to speak to men, husbands and fathers.
- You are invited to join us Every Thursday from 5.30pm to 6pm for intercessory prayer meeting @ Asokoro Model Junior Secondary School, Kwame Nkurumah Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
Jesus Christ is Lord over all.
Bro. Ebenezer O. Igure
Head of Mission
We are expanding,
If you are interested in contributing to the growth of this devotional, willfully contribute using the button below