Bible Texts: 1Tim.1:7, Jn.5:39, Job 32:8, Ezk.2:2, Rom.12:1-3, Heb.11:2, Lk.18:1, Mk.9:29, Gal.4:19, Philp.2:13, Mk.9:23, Pro.4:20-24, Jos.1:6-8, Philp.4:8, Ps.51:10
I have come to discover that there is a spirit in man and it is the nature of the spirit in man that influences his conduct. If the man has the right spirit, he manifests the right tendencies and if he has the wrong spirit, he will definitely manifest the wrong attitude.
But what spirit has God given to the husbandman?
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind (2Tim.1:7)
The Scriptures in 2nd Timothy chapter 1 and verse 7 tells us the spirit that God has given and the ones He has not given. The word of God says that God has not given you the spirit of fear but has given you the spirit of power, love and a sound mind. So you and I can see that fear, power, love and a sound mind are all spirits.
When you find yourself afraid to obey the commandments of God concerning His perfect will for you as the godly man, husband and father, know that it is the spirit of fear that is behind your disobedience. God has not given you that spirit. What God has given to you is the spirit to love Him with all of your heart, mind, spirit, soul and body and to love your wife and children as Christ has loved the church. What God has given to you is the power to rule and guide yourself and your wife and children in the way of the Lord. What God has given to you is a sound mind so that you can think wisely, act with discretion, speak words of grace and edification and conduct yourself in the way that pleases God. All of the spirits of power, love and a sound mind are given to you by God so that you can function as the good and godly husbandman.
But how do I overcome the spirit that God has not given to me?
For the spirit of fear, you replace it with the spirit of faith. For the spirit of weakness, you replace it with the spirit of power. For the spirit of hatred and bitterness, you replace it with the spirit of love. For the spirit of a dull mind, you replace it with the spirit of a sound mind. And you can achieve this by the word of God.
And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me (Ezk.2:2)
The word of God contains the Spirit of God. As you give attention to the study of the Bible and pray and meditate on it day and night, you will find the spirit of fear driven out of your life and the spirit of Christ which is love, power and a sound mind will fill you (Pro.4:20-23, Jn.5:39, Ezk.2:2). And you must also know that the spirit of God in your life is sustained by the prayer of faith in God and His word (Heb.11:2, Lk.18:1, Mk.9:29, Gal.4:19, Philp.2:13, Mk.9:23).
Therefore, you must desire to be ruled by the Spirit of Christ by asking Jesus Christ through the Person of the Holy Spirit, to create in you a clean heart and renew a right spirit within you on a daily basis (Ps.51:10, Job 32:8, Rom.12:1-3).
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, deliver me from the spirit of fear and ungodly influences.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, empower me with the spirit of love, power and a sound mind.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, empower me to walk in the reality of Your love, power and soundness of mind.
I overcome the spirit of fear, hate and dullness by the Spirit of the word of God and now I have the spirit of love, power and a sound mind in pursuit and fulfillment of my calling as the good and godly husbandman in Jesus name. Amen.
The devotional IN TUNE WITH GOD© is published by The Husbandman Mission International, Headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You can download the devotional on Google playstore by typing HUSBANDMAN DEVOTIONAL
- You can also subscribe for and invite others to subscribe for this devotional by visiting www.thehusbandman.com and clicking the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
- You can follow the devotional on the Mission’s twitter handle @thehusband_man
- Send us a mail of how today’s teaching has blessed you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Mission is open to and accepts invitation to churches, fellowship and ministries to speak to men, husbands and fathers.
- You are invited to join us Every Thursday from 5.30pm to 6pm for intercessory prayer meeting @ Asokoro Model Junior Secondary School, Kwame Nkurumah Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
Jesus Christ is Lord over all.
Bro. Ebenezer O. Igure
Head of Mission
We are expanding,
If you are interested in contributing to the growth of this devotional, willfully contribute using the button below