Bible Texts: Matt.16:21, Jn.3:3-7, 2Cor.5:17, Jn.14:6, 2Tim.2:15, Jn.5:39, Jn.14:26, Jer.33:3, Jn.8:32, Jn.15:5, Philp.2:13, Lk.18:1, Mk.9:29
From that time forth began Jesus to show unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes and be killed and be raised again on the third day (Matt.16:21)
As the husbandman, it is important for you to know that you are in the lives of your wife and children to lead them and give them the road map of a good and godly life. Jesus Christ did the same thing to His disciples. He did not want them to be worried about the future. So, He showed them the way. And because He showed them the plan, they were not confused following Him.
Your role as the husbandman must be to use the word of God as your compass to empower your wife and children to do what is right and pleasing to God, inspire them to attain the highest goals and plans of God for their lives and to motivate them to continue to press on until they are established in Christ.
But how do I show my wife and children, who are my disciples, the way to go?
For you to be able to show them the way to go, you must first know the way. And you can only know the way when you have a relationship with the Person who knows the way, Jesus Christ (Jn.3:3-7, 2Cor.5:17). The word of God says this about Jesus Christ. I am the way, the truth and the life (Jn.14:6). The more you know Him, the more He reveals Himself, His truth and the ways of life to you. And whatever He shows you is what you show your wife and children that will profit them.
Secondly, you must give attention to studying the word of God to discover the way, the truth and the life of God for living (2Tim.2:15). Search the scriptures for in it ye think, ye have eternal life (Jn.5:39). Thirdly, pray to God to show you the way and truth by His Spirit (Jn.14:26). The Word of God says this. Call unto me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things that thou knowest not (Jer.33:3). The more of God’s word you have in your spirit man, the better your ability to lead in truth (Jn.8:32).
As the husbandman, God wants you to do so much for your life, wife and children. He wants you to represent Him well as you lead them. And He is ever ready to help you become the good and godly husbandman and fulfill His good pleasure in your sheepfold (Jn.15:5, Philp.2:13).
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, pour upon me the spirit of truth and revelation as I study Your word.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, reveal Your truth, ways and life to me by Your Spirit.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, empower me to live by the truth of Your word and make me to lead my wife and children in the way and life of Your word.
I search the word of God to know the way, truth and life for my life, wife and children and by the word of God I show and lead them because that is what makes me the good and godly husbandman in Jesus name. Amen.
Culled from IN TUNE WITH GOD daily devotional of Thursday June 1, 2023
The devotional IN TUNE WITH GOD© is published by The Husbandman Mission International, Headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You can download the devotional on Google playstore by typing HUSBANDMAN DEVOTIONAL
- You can also subscribe for and invite others to subscribe for this devotional by visiting www.thehusbandman.com and clicking the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
- You can follow the devotional on the Mission’s twitter handle @thehusband_man
- Send us a mail of how today’s teaching has blessed you to email@example.com.
- The Mission is open to and accepts invitation to churches, fellowship and ministries to speak to men, husbands and fathers.
- You are invited to join us Every Thursday from 5.30pm to 6pm for intercessory prayer meeting @ Asokoro Model Junior Secondary School, Kwame Nkurumah Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
Jesus Christ is Lord over all.
Bro. Ebenezer O. Igure
Head of Mission
We are expanding,
If you are interested in contributing to the growth of this devotional, willfully contribute using the button below