Bible Texts: 1Pet.1:3-4, Deut.28:1, Eph.5:25, Col.3:19, Eph.6:4, Ps.24:1-2, Jn.10:10, Gal.4:19, Philp.2:13, Jn.15:5, Mk.9:27-29, Lk.18:1
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you (1Pet.1:3-4)
From the above Bible passage, the resurrection of Jesus Christ brings mercy to you. Have you falling short in your responsibilities as the man, husband and father? Have you also failed to do those things that please God? Does it seem as if you are stuck in sin? God’s mercy is available for you through the risen Jesus, who is the perfect example of the good and godly husbandman.
Which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten is again (1Pet.1:3a)
The Scripture says this about the abundance of God’s grace and mercy.
I came that ye may have life and have it more abundantly (Jn.10:10).
Another thing that the resurrection of Jesus Christ has done for you is to give you an inheritance both here on earth and hereafter.
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you (1Pet.1:4b)
God doesn’t want you to just be rewarded here on earth. He also wants you to enjoy fellowship with the host of heaven when you leave this earth. This is God’s perfect will for you. This is why you must make your calling as the husbandman pleasing unto God by doing all that He commands you to do as the man, husband and father (Deut.28:1, Eph.5:25, Col.3:19, Eph.6:4, Ps.24:1-2).
As the good and godly husbandman, you must understand that salvation offers you the opportunity to move from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of God through His Son, Jesus Christ. Giving your life to Jesus Christ by inviting Him into your life as your Lord and Personal Saviour empowers you to live the life of the good and godly husbandman. And where you notice any gap in your leadership responsibilities, the Person of the Holy Spirit shows you what to do to make amend (Gal.4:19, Philp.2:13, Jn.15:5, Mk.9:27-29, Lk.18:1).
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, thank You for the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, thank You for the blessing of salvation.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, empower me to function in my calling as the husbandman by the power of Christ’s resurrection.
I am begotten again by the resurrection power of Jesus Christ into a lively hope and by salvation I am made into the good and godly man, husband and father in Jesus name. Amen.
Excerpts from IN TUNE WITH GOD daily devotional of Sunday April 9, 2023
The devotional IN TUNE WITH GOD© is published by The Husbandman Mission International, Headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You can download the devotional on Google playstore by typing HUSBANDMAN DEVOTIONAL
- You can also subscribe for and invite others to subscribe for this devotional by visiting www.thehusbandman.com and clicking the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON.
- You can follow the devotional on the Mission’s twitter handle @thehusband_man
- Send us a mail of how today’s teaching has blessed you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Mission is open to and accepts invitation to churches, fellowship and ministries to speak to men, husbands and fathers.
- You are invited to join us every Thursday from 5.30pm to 6pm for intercessory prayer meeting @ Asokoro Model Junior Secondary School, Kwame Nkurumah Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
Jesus Christ is Lord over all.
Bro. Ebenezer O. Igure
Head of Mission
We are expanding,
If you are interested in contributing to the growth of this devotional, willfully contribute using the button below